Due to its pigments the blood orange contain greater amounts of antioxidants than other oranges.
-Use them in salads and salsas. Top off grilled fish or grilled, lightly seasoned tofu with blood orange salsa.
-Pair them with dark greens, especially with the more bitter ones like rocket leaves. The intense sweetness of the orange cuts through the bitter green for a nice balanced taste.
- Try them with beets. The slight acid and sweetness of the blood orange segments would work really well paired with the slow roasted earthiness of beetroot. For an extra kick, serve blood oranges with roasted beets on butter lettuce and freshly shaved horseradish root.
- A popular Sicilian winter salad is made with sliced blood oranges, sliced bulb fennel, and olive oil.
- Blood oranges are also popular in vinaigrette-style dressings.
- Make blood orange mimosas.
- They also can be used to create marmalade, and the zest can be used for baking.
Italian Blood Oranges(Moro) available to buy in 6kg boxes or singly.